General Terms and Conditions
1.Your tickets for the Event will be sent to the email address you have provided. If you have purchased more than one ticket, all tickets will be sent to your email address, and it is your responsibility to forward the tickets to the relevant attendees.
2. Tickets are non-transferable, not for resale, and will only be refundable at The Prince’s Trust discretion.
3. The Event is open to all with no age limit. However, under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Doors open at 18:00 and guests must be seated no later than 18:45
5. Please note that latecomers will be seated at the back of the Cathedral
7. Seating is sold in blocks and seating within your block is unreserved. On arrival you will be directed to your seat, within the relevant area by the Event stewards on a first come first served basis. If you, or a member of your group is a wheelchair user please inform email@example.com by Monday 27th November 2023 so the appropriate seat can be reserved for you. If not informed, the Event organisers cannot guarantee this.
8. The Prince’s Trust reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event. The Prince’s Trust further reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time, in which case you will be entitled to refund of the ticket(s) price paid.
9. Parking is not included in the ticket price. Parking is available in public car parks in London. The Prince’s Trust cannot guarantee that parking will be available within the public car parks.
10. The QR code on your ticket will be scanned upon entry to the Cathedral. Please ensure that you have printed a copy of your ticket or can easily access a digital copy on your phone or tablet to show on the night.
By attending the Event you agree that you will
11. Comply with St Paul’s Cathedral’s terms and conditions of entry and the Cathedral’s security checks. St. Paul’s Cathedral reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone carrying items on the banned list or with luggage larger than 450 x 350 x 250mm.
12. Not photograph or record the Event in whole or in part. All mobiles and similar devices must be switched off for the duration of the Event. Unauthorised recording equipment, recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed or deleted. Any recording made of the Awards in breach of these conditions shall belong to The Prince’s Trust.
13. The Event will be filmed. Unless you advise otherwise, you consent for The Prince’s Trust to use of any footage and photographs of you, and your feedback or comments about the Event, in any Event recordings for sale, future advertising or promotion.
14. Not bring any alcohol into the premises and will respect the challenge 25 policy bringing identification as appropriate.
15. Not do anything to bring The Prince’s Trust into disrepute.
16. Follow and adhere to the instructions given by the Event organisers and Event marshals at all times.
17. Not use aggressive or abusive language towards the Event staff or other attendees.
18. Respect the rules of the venue including, but not limited to, littering and will ensure all litter is disposed of responsibly.
19. Attend at your own risk. Save for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, The Prince’s Trust shall not be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever
Auction Terms and Conditions
20. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to any use by you of the online auction (“Auction”) and bidding facility (the “Bidding Facility”) hosted by The Prince’s Trust (the "Charity"). Use of the Bidding Facility constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Bidding Facility.
21. The online auction operated on the site is for the benefit of the Charity for whom the Auction is being run.
22. A number of Auction Items offered for sale on the site (“Items”) are subject to a reserve. All monies paid by a winning bidder and above the reserve price will be donated to the Charity.
23. Bidders may bid for more than one Item in the Auction.
24. The winning bidder on each Item offered for sale in the course of the Auction will be the person who has submitted the highest bid at the deadline and is in excess of any reserve.
25. All bidders must be capable of forming legally binding relations under applicable law. The Bidding Facility may not be used by individuals under the age of 18 years old and by any other persons who are legally prohibited from, or otherwise incapable of, entering into binding contracts.
26. Any bidder using the Bidding Facility is warranting by so doing that they are legally entitled to do so.
27. As bidder you agree that we can process your personal data for the purpose and specifically for this Auction.
28. We do not and will not store your credit or debit card details beyond taking payment during this auction.
29. Bidders wishing to bid on an Item may make a bid for an Item through the Bidding Facility.
30. All Items offered in an Auction are listed and offered for sale on an "as is" basis. Bidders are advised to conduct any research or due diligence on an Item prior to making a bid.
31. A bid made by a bidder is an offer to purchase the Item listed at the stated bid price. Any bidder making a bid for an Item acknowledges and agrees that their offer is an irrevocable offer to complete the transaction if they are the winning bidder whereupon the bid will become a contractually binding obligation to purchase the Item at the bid price.
32. If a bidder bids on an Item and that bid represents the winning bid for that Item and the winning bid is above or equal to the reserve, the bidder's bid is deemed accepted.
33. The 'winning bidder' is the person certified by the Charity at the end of the Auction to be the highest bidder, provided that their bid meets the reserve. The winning bidder may include any under-bidder who is awarded the Item.
34. Bidders may pre-authorise or pay by credit cards using the payment system provided by Stripe; by paying you are agreeing to Stripe’s terms and conditions, please see https://stripe.com/en-gb/checkout/legal
35. We, the Charity, will not retain your payment records. Stripe may retain your details as per their terms and conditions and please see them for more information.
36. If the Charity has not received payment from the winning bidder after a reasonable period of time, such time to be determined by the Charity in its absolute discretion, then the Charity has the right to award the prize to the next highest bidder or another in its absolute discretion.
Auction Items and Descriptions
37. Items for sale in the Auction are listed on the site with a description and a minimum bid.
38. The Item is offered for sale by the Charity on the basis that it is raising money for good causes.
39. The Charity will, wherever possible, provide a representational image of the Item offered for sale in the Auction but shall have no liability if it does not do so.
40. All Images are subject to copyright of the artist.
41. Whilst the Charity strives to ensure that descriptions and photographs are accurate, complete and up-to-date, it does not guarantee that this is the case, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused due to a bidder by reason of a description of an Item being inaccurate, incomplete or for the Item being otherwise in any way different to the bidder's expectation. Descriptions of Items are provided without a warranty of any kind.
42. While every effort is made by the Charity to ensure that the Item, including any experience or otherwise, works and is in good order and is capable of fulfilment and provides what you would reasonably expect, you acknowledge that the Items by definition are marketed as money can’t buy Items and as such they come with a significant risk attached and that risk is that they may not be as you expect or they may for some reason become impossible to provide or fulfil; in this scenario, or in any scenario, the Charity will not and cannot provide any refund and the Bidder agrees to not receiving any refund, without exception.
43. Some Items may have a redemption period within which you must redeem the Item and some will also have a date by which you must take up the Item. If you do not redeem the Item in time or take it up in time, you agree that you forfeit that Item and as per the above you will receive no refund.
44. In redeeming some items, you will be agreeing to the terms of an approved supplier of that Item and such terms will be clear for you to accept or reject at that time.
45. In no event shall the Charity (including, its employees, affiliates and volunteers) be liable for any claim, demand or damages arising out of or in any way connected with the Auction or bidder’s purchase of an item.
46. Deadlines for receipt of bids made for an Item offered in the Auction are at the sole discretion of the Charity and will not normally be extended under any circumstances. No bids will be accepted on an Item after the deadline.
47. After the Auction closes the Charity will contact the winning bidder to inform the bidder that their bid was the highest and that they are, therefore, the winning bidder.
48. By agreeing to Gift Aid, the bidder is confirming that they are a UK taxpayer and understand that if they pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all their donations it is their responsibility to pay any difference. The bidder understands that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. The bidder understands that Gift Aid is reclaimed by the Charity from the tax they pay for the current tax year.
49. Gift Aid on lot items is only applicable in a limited number of situations; the Charity will claim wherever possible; for more info see http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/gift_aid/rules/auctions.htm.
50. This Agreement between you the bidder and the Charity shall be interpreted and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and any dispute arising in relation to any aspect of the use of the Auction, the Bidding System, bids made by a bidder in the course of an Auction, any Item, payment delivery or any other matter relating to the Auction shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which the parties hereby irrevocably submit.
Variation of Terms
51. These Terms and Conditions may be revised and updated by the Charity from time to time without notice. Bidders who have previously bid in the Charity Auction are accordingly advised to familiarise themselves with the prevailing edition of these Terms and Conditions when deciding to participate in an Auction. Notwithstanding the foregoing the edition of the Terms and Conditions that was current at the time an Auction commenced will continue to apply throughout that Auction and to all Items sold pursuant to it even if later edition of the Terms and Conditions is implemented before the Auction is completed.
Third Party Rights
52. No person who is not a party to an Agreement shall have any right pursuant to the terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of such Agreement.
54. By agreeing to these terms, the winner consents to their name and area of the UK in which they are resident being announced by The Charity. The Charity may use, copy, transmit, display, publish and otherwise promote and utilise their name in any medium or format (including, but not limited to print, mail, online, mobile communications, television or radio) for the purpose of promoting this prize draw and the prize.
55. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
56. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between each of the entrants and the Promoter.
57. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction
If you are unable to find the answer to your query, please get in touch with our awards team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.